Jul 8, 2009

LUSH and no 'poo

I was introduced to LUSH and their amazing products on vacation almost three years ago. Wow, I can hardly believe it! Anywho, I've been using their shampoo bars ever since. Their small size, lack of packaging, and many amazing smells convinced me to ditch the shampoo bottle. However I wasn't able to stop my bottled conditioner addition. So, despite my love for LUSH, I've decided to give the no 'poo movement a try. Last night was my first attempt at the baking soda wash, and just to ease into it I used the last bit of my bottled conditioner. I can't say I've thrown out my conditioner bottle because I've repurposed the bottle to hold the baking soda and lavender oil mixture. Instead of the traditional apple cider vinegar rinse I've decided on a tea rinse (mostly be cause I've got a ton of tea that's not so tasty sitting around that as a tea lover I just can't throw out, plus if I'm gonna leave the country to work overseas for a year I've got to use or ditch everything in my apartment, why ditch it if I could be using it for something now ). We’ll see how this one goes. I'm going to water only "wash" my hair after my workout in the gym (6.5 miles on the bike today!) and use the baking soda concoction every other day to start out with.

My baking soda wash mix:

  • 1/2 cup baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 5 drops lavender oil

Place ingredients in bottle and shake vigorously before each use.
Follow with a tea rinse (boil a cup of tea, let it cool so you don't scold your head, hop in the shower).

No comments:

Post a Comment