Aug 11, 2009

It's Official...

I gave away the last of my "hair appliances". My flat iron was picked up last night by a grateful Freecycler. Giving away my hair dryer was no sweat, I don't think I'd used it in the last six months, but my beloved flat iron was a totally different story.

I've been growing my hair out, well, for forever. But I had the nasty habit of cutting it on a whim to try and even out the layers that hairdressers these days just can't seem to stay way from. But despite the bad, uneven layers I decided to cut bangs back in April to give me something else to obsess over while I gave my hair a real chance to grow. But since I hadn't had bangs since I can't remember, I didn't know what to do to make them submit to my will so I turned to my trusty flat iron. It worked to some degree.

About a two months ago I gave up using any products in my hair, partly because they always seemed to gunk up my hair but mostly because I've just become too lazy in the mornings. Last month I unplugged the flat iron for good and just hoped my bangs would behave. A month on and they have, so I listed my flat iron on Freecycle and it was claimed within 20 minutes.

In the vain of my less is more mantra I've paired down my entire beauty routine to the following:
  • Baking Soda (BS) wash
  • Vinegar and rosemary rinse
  • face wash (if I remember) (soon to be honey)
  • LUSH tea tree face spritz for toner (again if I remember)
  • whatever LUSH soap happens to be in the shower
  • brush my teeth
  • honey and sugar scrub (if I want to treat myself)
  • lavender water hair and body mist (if I remember)
  • lavender deodorant
As far as makeup goes, I'm lucky if I get chapstick most days and when I get "glamed up" that usually just means eyeshadow and lipgloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment